58) Jesus said, "Blessed is the man who has suffered and found
59) Jesus said, "Take heed of the Living One while you are
alive, lest you die and seek to see Him
and be unable to do so."
60) <They saw> a Samaritan carrying a lamb on his way to
Judea. He said to his disciples,
"(Why does) that man (carry) the lamb around?" They said to him,
"So that he may kill it and eat it."
He said to them, "While it is alive, he will not eat it, but only
when he has killed it and it has become a corpse."
They said to him, "He cannot do so otherwise." He said to them,
"You too, look for a place for yourself
within the Repose, lest you become a corpse and be eaten."
61) Jesus said, "Two will rest on a bed: the one will die,
and other will live. "Salome said to him,
"Who are You, man, that You, as though from the One, have come up
on my couch and eaten from my table?"
Jesus said to her, "I am He who exists from the Undivided. I was
given some of the things of my Father."
<Salome said,> "I am Your disciple." <Jesus said to her,>
"Therefore I say, if he is <undivided>,
he will be filled with light, but if he is divided, he will be filled
62) Jesus said, "It is to those [who are worthy of My] mysteries
that I tell My mysteries.
Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing."
63) Jesus said, "There was a rich man who had much money. He
said, 'I shall put my money to use
so that I may sow, reap, plant, and fill my storehouse with produce,
with the result that I shall lack nothing.
Such were his intentions, but that same night he died. Let him who
has ears hear."
64) Jesus said, "A man had received visitors. And when he had
prepared the dinner, he sent his servant to
invite guests. He went to the first one and said to him, "My master
invites you.' He said, 'I have claims against
some merchants. They are coming to me this evening. I must go and
give them my orders. I ask to be excused
from the dinner. 'He went to another and said, 'My master has invited
you.' He said to him, 'I have just bought
a house and am required for the day. I shall not have any spare
time.' He went to another and said to him,
'My master invites you.' He said to him, 'My friend is going to
get married, and I am to prepare the banquet.
I shall not be able to come. I ask to be excused from the dinner.
'He went to another and said to him, 'My
master invites you.' He said to him, 'I have just bought a farm,
and I am on my way to collect the rent. I shall
not be able to come. I ask to be excused.' The servant returned
and said to his master, 'Those whom you invited
to the dinner have asked to be excused.' The master said to his
servant, 'Go outside to the streets and bring back
those whom you happen to meet, so that they may dine.' Businessmen
and merchants will not enter the Places
of My Father."
65) He said, "There was a good man who owned a vineyard. He
leased it to tenant farmers so that they might
work it and he might collect the produce from them. He sent his
servant so that the tenants might give him the
produce of the vineyard. They seized his servant and beat him, all
but killing him. The servant went back and
told his master. The master said, 'Perhaps <they> did not recognize
<him>.' He sent another servant. The
tenants beat this one as well. Then the owner sent his son and said,
'Perhaps they will show respect to my son.
' Because the tenants knew that it was he who was the heir to the
vineyard, they seized him and killed him.
Let him who has ears hear."
66) Jesus said, "Show me the stone which the builders have
rejected. That one is the cornerstone."
67) Jesus said, "Whoever believes that the All itself is deficient
is (himself) completely deficient."
68) Jesus said, "Blessed are you when you are hated and persecuted.
Wherever you have been persecuted they will find no Place."
69) Jesus said, "Blessed are they who have been persecuted
within themselves. It is they who have truly
come to know the Father. Blessed are the hungry, for the belly of
him who desires will be filled."
70) Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what
you bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring
forth will destroy you."
71) Jesus said, "I shall destroy [this] house, and no one will
be able to rebuild it."
72) [A man said] to Him, "Tell my brothers to divide my father's
possessions with me."
He said to him, "O man, who has made Me a divider?"
He turned to His disciples and said to them, "I am not a divider,
73) Jesus said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are
few. Beseech the Lord, therefore,
to send out laborers to the harvest."
74) He said, "O Lord, there are many around the drinking trough,
but there is nothing in the cistern."
75) Jesus said, "Many are standing at the door, but it is the
solitary who will enter the bridal chamber."
76) Jesus said, "The kingdom of the Father is like a merchant
who had a consignment of merchandise and
who discovered a pearl. That merchant was shrewd. He sold the merchandise
and bought the pearl alone
for himself. You too, seek his unfailing and enduring treasure where
no moth comes near to devour and
no worm destroys."
77) Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them
all. It is I who am the All.
From Me did the All come forth, and unto Me did the All extend.
Split a piece of wood,
and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find Me there."
78) Jesus said, "Why have you come out into the desert? To
see a reed shaken by the wind? And to see a
man clothed in fine garments like your kings and your great men?
Upon them are the fine [garments],
and they are unable to discern the truth."
79) A woman from the crowd said to Him, "Blessed are the womb
which bore You and the breasts which
nourished You. "He said to her, "Blessed are those who have heard
the word of the Father and have truly
kept it. For there will be days when you will say, 'Blessed are
the womb which has not conceived and the
breasts which have not given milk.'"
80) Jesus said, "He who has recognized the world has found
the body, but he who has found the body
is superior to the world."
81) Jesus said, "Let him who has grown rich be king, and let
him who possesses power renounce it."
82) Jesus said, "He who is near Me is near the fire, and he
who is far from Me is far from the Kingdom."
83) Jesus said, "The images are manifest to man, but the light
in them remains concealed in the image
of the light of the Father. He will become manifest, but his image
will remain concealed by his light."
84) Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you rejoice. But
when you see your images which came into
being before you, and which neither die not become manifest, how
much you will have to bear!"
85) Jesus said, "Adam came into being from a great power and
a great wealth, but he did not become
worthy of you. For had he been worthy, [he would] not [have experienced]
86) Jesus said," [The foxes have their holes] and the birds
have [their] nests, but the Son of Man
has no place to lay his head and rest."
87) Jesus said, "Wretched is the body that is dependent upon
a body, and wretched is the soul that
is dependent on these two."
88) Jesus said, "The angels and the prophets will come to you
and give you those things you (already) have.
And you too, give them those things which you have, and say to yourselves,
'When will they come and take
what is theirs?'"
89) Jesus said, "Why do you wash the outside of the cup? Do
you not realize that he who made he inside
is the same one who made the outside?"
90) Jesus said, "Come unto me, for My yoke is easy and My lordship
is mild, and you will find repose for yourselves."
91) They said to Him, "Tell us who You are so that we may believe
in You." He said to them, "You read the face of
the sky and of the earth, but you have not recognized the one who
is before you, and you do not know how to read
92) Jesus said, "Seek and you will find. Yet, what you asked
Me about in former times and which
I did not tell you then, now I do desire to tell, but you do not
encore after it."
93) <Jesus said,> "Do not give what is holy to dogs, lest
they throw them on the dung-heap.
Do not throw the pearls to swine, lest they grind it [to bits]."
94) Jesus [said], "He who seeks will find, and [he who knocks]
will be let in."
95) [Jesus said,] "If you have money, do not lend it at interest,
but give [it] to one from whom you will not get it back."
96) Jesus [said], "The Kingdom of the Father is like a certain
She took a little leaven, [concealed] it in some dough, and made
it into large loaves. Let him who has ears hear."
97) Jesus said, "The Kingdom of the [Father] is like a certain
woman who was carrying a jar full of meal. While
she was walking [on] a road, still some distance from home, the
handle of the jar broke and the meal emptied out
behind her on the road. She did not realize it; she had noticed
no accident. When she reached her house, she set the
jar down and found it empty."
98) Jesus said, "The Kingdom of the Father is like a certain
man who wanted to kill a powerful man. In his own
house he drew his sword and stuck it into the wall in order to find
out whether his hand could carry through.
Then he slew the powerful man."
99) The disciples said to Him, "Your brothers and Your mother
are standing outside."
He said to them, "Those here who do the will of My Father are My
brothers and My mother.
It is they who will enter the Kingdom of My Father."
100) They showed Jesus a gold coin and said to Him, "Caesar's men
demand taxes from us. "He said to them,
"Give Caesar what belongs to Caesar, give God what belongs to God,
and give Me what is Mine."
101) <Jesus said,> "Whoever does not hate his father and his mother
as I do cannot become a disciple to Me.
And whoever does [not] love his father and his mother as I do cannot
become a [disciple] to Me.
For My mother [gave me falsehood], but [My] true [Mother] gave me
102) Jesus said, "Woe to the Pharisees, for they are like a dog sleeping
in the manger of oxen,
for neither does he eat nor does he let the oxen eat."
103) Jesus said, "Fortunate is the man who knows where the brigands
will enter, so that he may get up,
muster his domain, and arm himself before they invade."
104) They said [to Jesus], "Come, let us pray today and let us fast."
Jesus said, "What is the sin that I have committed, or wherein have
I been defeated?
But when the bridegroom leaves the bridal chamber, then let them
fast and pray."
105) Jesus said, "He who knows the father and the mother will be
called the son of a harlot."
106) Jesus said, "When you make the two one, you will become the
sons of man, and when you say,
'Mountain, move away,' it will move away."
107) Jesus said, "The Kingdom is like a shepherd who had a hundred
sheep. One of them, the largest,
went astray. He left the ninety-nine sheep and looked for that one
until he found it.
When he had gone to such trouble, he said to the sheep, 'I care
for you more than the ninety-nine.'"
108) Jesus said, "He who will drink from my mouth will become like
I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden will become
revealed to him."
109) Jesus said, "The Kingdom is like a man who had a [hidden] treasure
in his field without knowing it
And [after] he died, he left it to his son. The son did not know
(about the treasure).
He inherited the field and sold [it]. And the one who bought it
went plowing and found the treasure.
He began to lend money at interest to whomever he wished."
110) Jesus said, "Whoever finds the world and becomes rich, let him
renounce the world."
111) Jesus said, "The heavens and the earth will be rolled up in
And one who lives from the Living One will not see death."
Does not Jesus say, "Whoever finds himself is superior to the world?"
112) Jesus said, "Woe to the flesh that depends on the soul; woe
to the soul that depends on the flesh."
113) His disciples said to Him, "When will the Kingdom come?" <Jesus
said,> "It will not come by
waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'Here it is' or
'There it is.'
Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth,
and men do not see it."
114) Simon Peter said to Him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not
worthy of Life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male,
so that she too may become a living
spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself
male will enter the Kingdom of Heaven."